Autochoice Bristol is proud to be an RAC Approved Dealer, which means we are able to offer RAC Buysure with every used car.
What is RAC BuySure?
RAC BuySure is a guarantee that Autochoice Bristol has prepared your used car using the RAC 82-Point approved vehicle standard that all RAC Approved Dealers have to meet and are audited on.
It means that you can buy a used car from us with confidence. Every car at our dealership has been data checked to confirm they've never been stolen, written off or have outstanding finance.
As an RAC Approved Dealer, we can also offer an RAC warranty with all our used cars, covering you for up to 3 months or 3000 miles - whichever comes first. You will also receive 12 months complimentary RAC breakdown cover (Roadside, Recovery, At Home), plus RAC's Accident Cover for the duration of your breakdown cover.
For added peace of mind, Autochoice Bristol can also offer extended RAC warranties from only £299.
82 Point Check
This means all our vehicles are checked against an RAC approved 82 point vehicle preparation standard, which we are regularly audited on.
Car Data Check
All vehicles are data checked ensuring the vehicle you are buyingisn't stolen, written off or has outstanding finance.
All vehicles come with a minimum of 3 Months RAC warranty..
3 Months Complimentary Breakdown
Each vehicle comes with vehicle based breakdown including roadside, recovery & at home.
What does the RAC 82 Point Check include?
- VIN Inspection
- Vehicle History Report Obtained
- Scheduled Maintenance Performed (inc timing belt)
- Current MOT Certificate (if applicable)Road Test
- Cruise Control (if applicable)
- Satisfactory starting, general performance and behaviour of the vehicle
- Particular attention to the operation of clutch, transmission, steering, suspension and brakes including A.B.S.
- Listen for abnormal noises
- After road test a visual check for fluid leak
- Gauges operate properly
- Check battery and starter motor start engine with ease from both hot and cold
- Check for excessive visual emissions from exhaust
- Check hot-starting and any evidence of over-heating
- Check no stored faults on the OBD
- Ensure correct operation and efficiency of the parking brake
- No dents or scratches visible to the eye from a distance of 2m
- Windscreen free from any damage that would exclude the vehicle from an MOT test
- Check for any corrosion around paint cracks or chips
- Operation and condition of exterior mirrors
- Check all previous structural body repairs/accident damage has been repaired to a satisfactory standard
- Check body panel/alignment
- Operation of fuel filler system including petrol caps and lever release system
- Operation of bonnet catch, safety catch, hinges, tailgate supports
- Operation of door locks and central locking including child safety locks.
- Inspect exterior trim for security and correct fitment
- Operation of door windows (manual / electric)
- Operation of all exterior lighting equipment and respective control lights and cluster illumination
- Operation of wipers and washers
- Operation of convertible roof mechanism (if applicable)
- Visual check of SRS functionality
- All warning lights operate correctly
- Operation of audio and alarm systems
- Operation of Navigation System (if applicable)
- Operation of Air-conditioning, heating and demist systems
- Operation of instruments, gauges and controls
- Operation of all internal equipment (e.g. cigarette lighters, sun visors, arms rests, etc)
- Operation of visual and audible driver warning systems
- Operation of parking assistance systems (if applicable)
- All drive pedals operate correctly
- Ensure no evidence of water ingress
- Operation and condition of seatbelts / mountings
- Security of seat mountings, head rests and seat adjustment mechanism
- Operation of interior lights
- Operation of rear view mirror /sun visors
- Check operation and condition of sunroof mechanism (if applicable)
- Ensure correct operation of parcel shelf
- Inspect interior trim/dashboard for tears, holes, burns or excessive soiling
Wheels and Tyre Check
- Ensure vehicle jack, tool kit, locking wheel nut and safety equipment (where applicable) are in place
- Ensure minimum tread depth of 3mm across all tyres including spare (if applicable)
- Ensure road wheels are free from distortion, gouges or visible cracking
- Ensure tyres are free from cuts, bulges and inappropriate repairs
- Inspect for evidence of uneven tyre wear or casing damage
- Check engine oil for correct level and dipstick oil sample is free from contamination
- Check coolant for correct level and that coolant is free from visual contamination
- Check vehicles charging system for minimum output
- Ensure correct gearbox fluid levels manual / automatic (where applicable)
- Check all Fluid Levels: e.g. brake, clutch, power steering, washer reservoir and battery (including security)
- Inspect auxiliary drive belts, condition and tension
- Check engine mountings for security and condition
- Inspect wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel feed lines for routing, check for damage, chafing and leaks (where visible)
- Check for oil and water leaks
- Check condition of cooling system radiator and engine oil cooler/intercooler are free from damage or excessive corrosion
- Ensure no evident undue engine noise
For hybrid vehicles only:
- Check operation of Hybrid cooling system
- Inspect switchable powertrain mount Hybrid entertainment and information display
- Check entertainment and information display
- Check exhaust condition and mountings
- Check clamps and security
- Ensure no evidence of fluid or exhaust leaks
- Check Catalytic Converter
- Check operation and condition of steering for leaks and security
- Check tie rod ends, CV boots and rack boots condition
- Check condition of front and rear suspension
- No visual evidence of faults to braking components
- Ensure brake pads have a minimum of 50% material remaining
- Check underbody for excess corrosion and ensure that the chassis is free from extensive structural repairs
- Ensure transmission/driveshaft is secure and free from excessive play