10 Tricks for Keeping Your Car Clean and Tidy
September 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM
Everyone knows that keeping your car clean and tidy is impossible. It is annoying and hard to work to get the hoover out and get rid of all that nasty dust that has accumulated under the seat and it's even harder to organize your car in a way that keeps it tidy. Here are 10 tips and tricks that you can use on keeping your car clean, tidy and in a manner that won't stress you out!
1. Wipe down interior with a coffee filter
To help clean stains and scruffs have a spray bottle at hand with some water and scrub away with a coffee filter. They are cheap and come in boxes which you can hide in the boot! They are also great for getting rid of dust and once you use one, you can chuck it in the bin!
2. Create backseat pockets with a shoe organizer
Shoe organizers are a great way to keep all your bits and bobs in one neat place. Car papers, maps, make-up, wet wipes and other various items you keep in the car. This is a great way to keep your car tidy if you have kids as well. Just hand them on the backset and away you go!
3. Get dead bugs off your bumper with a wet wipe
Everyone knows wet wipes are perfect for all uses. Wipe dead bugs of your windscreen with them and use them to mop up any spillages inside the car. They are a true life-saver!
4. Defrost a frozen lock by adding a few drops of hand sanitiser to your key
Nothing is worse than being in a rush on a cold day and not being able to unlock your car. Try this nifty trick which actually works!
5. Catch cup holder spills with silicone cupcake liners in the cup holders
No-one likes sticky coffee spills in their car - cupcake liners are cheap and you can throw them away when used. They will catch any unwanted spillages.
6. Make your own air freshener by adding a few drops of essential oil to a wooden clothes peg
Air fresheners are expensive but try adding some of your favorite oils to a wooden peg and attach them to your shoe organizers on the bag seat. This is a great trick to getting your car smelling nice and clean.
7. Organize all your oils and cleaners in a cleaners tray
In the boot have a cleaners tray where you keep all your sprays, oils and cleaning equipment. Keep it neat and have it at hand when you need it.
8. Keep loose change accessible in an old plastic gum pot
Loose change is everyones problem and we all just throw it in the nearest place. Use a plastic gum pot to keep it all in once place and there when you need it.
9. Use a small sanitary bathroom bin to keep your rubbish in
These are great to use and will fit in the back or even in the front. Use it to keep rubbish in rather than the pockets in the doors or in plastic bags.
10. Use seat covers which are washable to be able to save on scrubbing the tapestry
Seat covers come in loads of fun colors and sizes so check which type you need and invest in them. It is easier stripping them once a week and washing them than scrubbing down the seats in your car. Plus you can just shake off those biscuit crumbs rather than hoover!
< Back to all Blogs